Learning Hacks: How to Fit Learning Into Your Busy Day
October 27, 2016
You know how important it is for your career to #AlwaysBeLearning. But between long commutes and back-to-back meetings, how can you fit learning into your already over-scheduled day?
This is one of the most common questions we get from LinkedIn members, so we asked our busy colleagues how they make the time. With all LinkedIn Learning courses divided into bite-sized modules and accessible on mobile, we’ve found that it is easier than ever to learn throughout the day.
These are some of the best learning hacks we uncovered:
1. Turn your commute into a classroom. The average travel time to work in the U.S. is 25 minutes. Use this time to fit in half a dozen course modules on any skill you need to brush up on. If you’re driving, you can put your course on Audio only mode. Some of the most popular courses people tune into on the LinkedIn Learning mobile app are Project Management Fundamentals and Strategic Planning Fundamentals.
2. Learn while you lunch. According to a survey, 81% of Americans eat lunch at their desks. Sad, but true. When you find yourself eating alone again, turn on a course and start learning.
4. Flex your mind at the gym. Watch your favorite course while running on the treadmill. You can even give your mind a workout with this course on Improving Your Memory.
5. Make waiting in line more productive. Waiting in line for your extra caff mochachino? Power up your LinkedIn Learning app and complete a three-minute module in Busting Bureaucracy.
6. Binge watch LinkedIn Learning courses. Streaming TV shows has become many of our favorite pastimes. Consider replacing one of those TV shows with a LinkedIn Learning course instead.
7. Turn web browsing into web developing. You browse more websites than you care to admit. What if your turned that time into learning how to build your own website? You can learn web development skills and a whole lot more on LinkedIn Learning.