20 Quotes That'll Motivate You to Do Your Best Work – Right Now
November 30, 2017
Work is hard. And long. And sometimes, it’s not easy to motivate yourself, no matter how much caffeine you put into your body.
But work is also important. At the very least, it’s how we support ourselves and our families. And, hopefully your work is something you are passionate about, and you owe it to your customers and your organization to give your best effort.
This article aims to help you do that. We collected 20 quotes that’ll serve as literary coffee, which will make you so motivated you’ll crush whatever challenge dare opposes you.
1. "Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration."
2. "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out."
3. "There is no traffic jam along the extra mile."
4. "There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul."
-Elle Wheeler Wilcox
5. "A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."
6. "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."
7. "Either you run the day, or the day runs you."
8. "A year from now, you will wish you had started today."
9. "It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen."
10. "Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided not to give up, but kept going no matter what."
11. "Action is the foundational key to all success."
12. "The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me."
13. "The secret of getting ahead is getting started."
14. "Don’t watch the clock, do what it does. Keep going."
15. "Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth."
16. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
17. “Please think about your legacy, because you’re writing it every day.”
18. "Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games."
19. “Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.”
20. “I hated every minute of training. But I said ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’.”
Are you looking to learn new skills? LinkedIn Learning has more than 10,000 courses, covering everything from management to Excel to tech to creative skills. See what courses are right for you.