Computing and Internet security are everyone's business, but it's especially critical for information technology specialists. Learning the core concepts of operating-system and network-level security helps avoid ongoing threats and eliminate system vulnerabilities. This beginner-level course covers core security concepts and introduces risks such as social engineering, malware, and spyware.
Foundations of IT Security series creator Lisa Bock will also go over some basic wireless security best practices, tips for beefing up browser security, and techniques for implementing encryption.
- Evaluating risks, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Minimizing the attack surface
- Avoiding worms and viruses
- Protecting your system from spyware
- Making web browsers more secure
- Securing wireless transmissions
- Encrypting files, folders, and drives
- Using virtual private networks
Get your free course