Digital Transformation Objectives for Line-of-Business Owners
Your LOB owners must focus on the front-end of digital transformation strategy. This means focusing on objectives such as:
- Enhancing the Customer Experience: Digital innovation offers new ways of attracting and retaining customers. LOB owners committed to transformative ideas can dictate what the organization needs to do to meet the ever-increasing demands of modern customers.
- Modernizing Operational Processes: Digital transformation is often attributed only to enterprises in the context of combatting disruption. However, LOB owners in organizations of all sizes should aim to reduce friction in any processes to reduce costs and make it easier to act on innovative ideas.
- Becoming More Data-Driven: In a digital workplace, LOB owners can't leave data collection and analytics to the technical side of the organization. Finding new ways to derive insights and improve decision making is critical to digital transformation success.
Digital Transformation Objectives for IT Leaders
The IT leaders focus on the backend of digital transformation, optimizing the engine that provides the "how" for LOB owners. Objectives can include:
- Optimizing IT Infrastructure and Operation: LOB owners dictate which new technologies are necessary and it's up to IT leaders to deploy those services most efficiently. Integration with existing systems, ensuring security, and optimizing costs are all important to digital transformation success.
- Simplifying Cloud Management: Shadow IT inhibits digital transformation, so the portfolio of cloud services on the LOB side must be kept in check. Centralized control can lead to faster, smarter use of cloud services with maximum availability. IT leaders bridge the gap between demand for new services and the need to keep them running smoothly.
- Facilitating Access to Data: It's easier than ever for organizations to collect mass amounts of data. One objective for IT leaders is to make that data as accessible as possible for LOB owners so they can derive insights that drive digital transformation.
Digital Transformation for Leaders
Understand the larger context for digital transformation efforts, identify your maturity level, and learn how best to keep a digital strategy on track for the long term.
Digital Transformation for Tech Leaders
Dive deep into the technologies that are driving digital innovation-cloud computing, big data and data science, machine learning and AI, blockchain, and IoT. Learn how to adapt software project management and security policies to support a digital transformation strategy.
Digital Transformation in Practice
Strategy is critical, but digital transformation also relies on mindset shifts and organizational and individual levels. Increase digital literacy and learn how to work and collaborate in new, more productive ways.
Anil K. GuptaMichael Dingman Chair in Strategy, Globalization, & Entrepreneurship, Smith B-School, Univ of Maryland
Haiyan WangManaging Partner at China India Institute; Co-author of Getting China and India Right, The Quest for Global Dominance
John ManciniChief Evangelist at AIIM International
Peter HighPresident of Metis Strategy